Saturday, March 22, 2008

Last Day in Washington

Couple Walking to Art
We are heading home this evening. Yesterday we started our morning at the Holocaust Museum. I slowly walked through the museum, I still can not comprehend how people could do such horrendous acts. I do not believe I said anything the whole time I was there and tears rolled out of my eyes and down my cheeks. I am glad that we made it to this exhibit. From there I took in the Hirshhorn Museum, I am such a sucker for art!! They had an amazing exhibit called dreams. All video installation and all in the dark. You wandered through the exhibit most times not knowing where the walls were. Fantastic!!! We sauntered through the Sculpture gardens while my mother and sister gave me there interpretations of the work. I really liked my mom's take on Henry Moore, made me giggle. We headed to the National Gallery of Art, and all I have to say about that collection is wow! I walked through the rooms of Rodin, Monet, Renoir, Degas, Cezanne and a large collection of Rauschenberg. A simply divine way to wind down a week long trip . We all have tired feet and my cheeks are a little flushed from the constant wind that has been blowing since we got here. I am hoping that we will catch a few more things this morning then back to Texas. If you have never been to DC I highly recommend it. Pierre L'Enfant designed an amazing city and it is full of wonderment and history. I posted more pictures on my flickr from this week.

No comments: