Monday, November 5, 2007

Finding San Antonio

Journey to San Antonio 10.30.07 - 11.02.07

Shadows and LIght
I have to admit my negative thoughts toward a city I used to call home. I closed my eyes to this city and needed to wipe them clean once again. We seem to place our emotional response to life on a physical location. I was a young lost girl while living in San Antonio therefore deeming it a dark hole. I took a trip down to San Antonio for both work and art. This trip I wanted to alter my incorrect views. I am sure glad that I did! San Antonio is a city full of amazing architecture, art, and adventure. I spent an afternoon out arting with a good art pal Mirka Hokkanen who was also visiting San Antonio. We started at Trinity University where she is a visiting artist at the moment. From there we went to these amazing places: McNay Museum, Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, Studios and Galleries around Blue Star, Unit B Gallery, Art Pace, and Galeria Ortiz Contemporary. The day was truly inspirational. I will never be so hard on any one place ever again. Below are a few snaps from the day. Check out my flickr for more.
Oliver Herring's Work @ Blue StarBlue Star