Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Weekend Recap 11.9.07 - 11.11.07

What a whirlwind of a weekend. First it was Hal's birthday. Thanks to it, I now have a custom screenprinted hat. It was removed from my head and printed on site. The crafty work of Michael Arreaga!


Art Chicas Unidas
The next morning was Art Chicas Unidas. I can not begin to explain what a great time I had with my students. I had two amazing young women in my class. The objective was to produce a finished piece with each girl. We spent the morning discussing perspective, point of view, history, and camera mechanics. Then off on a photo safari we went. We walked around for one hour and the gals snapped away. I was really impressed with how much they absorbed in one day. A big thank you to Sarah Jane for asking me to fill out an application. I am so glad I did!!


That evening was the reception for the Girls' from Art Chicas and the opening of Three of a Kind. I can never thank everyone enough who attends all of these art functions month after month. Without all of you there would be none of us. You rock!!! Not only did a really close friend of mine drive up for the show, she also purchased a piece. The other two art gals will be watching some of their work head off to new homes at the end of the show as well! All in all a great night!


Art Conspiracy Team Plays WhirlyBall!!
Sunday lead to the Whirlyball Adventure!! Art Conspiracy is rounding the corner. We are having meetings once a week and the emails are constant. So we decided to play a little hookey. Instead of meeting around a table we met face to face on the giggly court of WhirlyBall. The perfect ending to a incredibly long week.

No comments: