Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Return from Concan - Labor Day 2008

I embarked on another Texas journey unsure of where we were headed other than a cabin in Concan. What a Labor day weekend. So much so it has taken me a week to write about it. I had the pleasure of being included a outdoor adventure with a group of thirty that have been camping together for about thirty years. Our destination was the fine cabins of the BENT River Retreat on the Frio river.
Bent River Retreat
This group does a weekend up right, they have the gear for endless hours of river floating, quite the savy for a early evening game of volleyball, quick wits for the card table (which I willing gave my money away in) and a well oiled system for the dinner of thirty.
Cross Family on the Frio
The Concan Gang
I can thank everyone on the trip enough for such a great adventure in such amazing country. If you have not been out to this part of Texas before then hop in your cars. I have now spent two weekends out there, one on the Nueces River and one on the Frio. They are thirty minutes away from eachother and offer completely different scenery. Also while you are there check out the Bats, Hill Country Adventures has quite the cave of bats they say it is the second largest colony of bats around. It was stunning.
Frio Bats
If you want to see more images from this trip please feel free to check out my flickr, I am working on adding images daily.

No comments: