Sunday, September 21, 2008

Diving With Sharks in Las Vegas

Sharks
I woke up this morning extra early and took a nice calm shower before breakfast. By 9am we were heading to the tank that I was going to be submerging myself in. I met up with my dive buddy Jack and we had a quick dive orientation. Then for the first time ever I put on a chain mail suit that up until this point I had only seen on television. After all of the summers of watching "Shark Week", I was the one going under to face these beautiful creatures! We started out by swimming over to the top of the ship wreck after entry. Then one lap around the tank to get the sharks used to our presence and check buoyancy. Once acclimated and calm the camera was handed to me and off I went. All in all, a great experience that I will never forget. Plus it is getting this diver back in the water, I have missed it.

No comments: