Friday, July 11, 2008

Journey to New England Day One

Berlin, New York

I have escaped the heat of a Texas july for a couple of days by traveling to upstate New York in honor of my aunt's wedding.  Some things I love about New England. Almost every town has an ice cream parlor, Dunkin Donuts is readily available and there are trees and water everywhere. It was so chilly last night that I could no longer feel my toes. The quote of the day was said in reference to a model plane "That engine is bigger than a snow blower!" To a yankee that comment may sound normal but to a transplant like me who has not seen snow in ages, I found myself in a good chuckle.  I love it!!! This part of the country is near and dear to my heart, such beauty everywhere. Let's not forget about the history either. Last night there was a gathering of family at the groom's parents. The house was originally built in 1761. Amazing. Family dynamics are something I am fascinated with and this weekend will be full.  The picture below is two sets of sisters from my side of the family. The foreground is my mother and her Sister Colleen and in the background is Colleen daughters Liz and Ally. 

Sisters

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

does cari know about this new-england-fixer-upper? AWESOME!