Thursday, October 11, 2007

Marfa, Texas - Chinati Open House Weekend

I traveled out west with 7 other amazing gals. 3 in my car and four in another. We made the 9+ hour journey to Marfa. The trip was both awakening and inspiring. I finally got to see Dan Flavin's work in grand scale. Not to mention Donald Judd's Installations that play with light and subject through reflection. There was a women in a bunny suit that played the accordian, men walking down the street with gigantic hula hoops, Sonic Youth played a free concert, and on and on. Every morning I faced the sunrise and welcomed the day and every evening we sat around the camp fire (aka one apple scented candle on the ground) to star gaze. For anyone that has not taken the journey out west, I highly recommend it.

I have posted a load of pictures at my flickr

Chinati Foundation
Desert Night Sky

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Love me some Dan Flavin

cella arts + erica felicella said...

I too am a huge fan. It was great to finally see his work the way it should be seen.