Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October 7th, Picture a Day

Race Point Lighthouse, Provincetown Cape Cod
Race Point Lighthouse - Provincetown, Cape Cod © erica felicella photography

This photograph was before my digital days. I took this shot in 2001 on a trip to Cape Cod with my mother and father. What I remember about this shot is that I wanted to make the road leading up to it important. This is because right behind where I was standing was a Suburban with Texas plates that I had sunk down to the ground. Needless to say we were there for a while.


Well I have been working on this project for a full week now. There are many more shots to come. My work room is a wreck, there are negative pages laying around, contact sheets, loupes and Polaroids. I forgot how much I enjoy sitting at the light box with a loupe in my hand filled with anticipation for what gem I might find. All in all this project in injecting me with energy to dust off some old ideas and bring them forward.

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

I seem to recall a REALLY funny story about that day at the lighthouse with your folks!