Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Recent Art Outings Recaps

Well things have been busy in the world of Dallas. My work went up to the Center for Fine-Art Photography in Colorado for "Human Canvas" and sold right away to a patron in Texas.

Then I had the pleasure to be invited to participate in a wonderful show for a wonderful cause! Mental Health America of Greater Dallas had "In The Know" at the Dallas Center for Contemporary Art. Always fun to attend a silent auction, my pals take this sort of thing very seriously. Below is one of the pieces I donated.

Opportunity II, 2009 © Erica Felicella
Opportunity II, 2009 ©Erica Felicella

At MHA "In The Know"
Elizabeth Miller, Myself and Haley Hart at "In The Know"

After "In The Know" I put my curator hat back on and held a few more events at Deep Ellum's little gallery that could, Kettle Art for Decadence + Perception. Something about having music played in a room with art just feels right. Kettle pulled out its chairs for people to listen to the sounds of Luna Matto and Suzanne Kimbrell.
Then there was "I Am Here" at South Side on Lamar with the DIAC. I jumped on board with this show late but got as dirty as I could. I hauled my extra lights, extension cords, fans and art down to the underground of this massive building. What a fun and great group of folks. I look forward to knowing them all better and seeing what kind of trouble we can get into in our grand city!! Well all in all my crazy blog, I have been a busy busy bee and there is more to come... stay tuned.

1 comment:

Faztastic said...

Your on fire Felicella!